Three ways to launch your DAoC character with Mojo
Since 2010, Rob, a community member has been developing Mojo. Mojo is an application which can improve your DAoC client experience.
This post will show you different ways you can launch your DAoC character with the Mojo application to bypass the login and server selection screens and get straight into your character and is the second in series looking at Mojo features.
In order to launch a character, Mojo needs to know about your game account.
After setting up Mojo you can do the following:
- From the accounts tab right-click the accounts area and press “Add account to Mojo”.
- Enter your account username and password and then press the “Show More” button.
You should always be very careful with where you enter your usernames and password in applications or online, you will have to make your own mind up about whether or not you want to use this application. Do some research, check out others feedback on Mojo. In the end you will have to trust that Rob has written a clean application and will continue to do so.
In order to launch a character directly, Mojo needs to know about them. You can manually add or import toons.
Manually add a toon
Enter the information yourself.
- From the “Favourite toons” tab or “All toons tab” right-click on the blank area of the screen and select “Add a toon to Mojo”.
- Fill out the information to add a toon, “Favorite” allows you to launch from the system tray.
Automatically add a toon
Use the game files to grab active character names, realms and servers.
- From the “Favourite toons” tab or “All toons tab” right-click on the blank area of the screen and select “Import toons from game files”.
- You will be presented with a list of toons that have been launched on your account, Double-click on an item in the list to add it to Mojo.
- The toon name, server and realm will automatically be filled out, select the game account and press “OK”.
Launching by Shortcut
Mojo can create a shortcut on your desktop that will load up a DAoC character immediately bypassing the login, server selection and character selection screen.
- From the “All toons” or “Favorite toons” tabs an icon representing the toon will be displayed, right-click the icon and select “Create desktop shortcut”.
- You will find the icon on your desktop, the icon will be representative of the realm of the character. Double-click the icon to launch straight to your character.
Launching with Mojo
You can launch your character directly from within Mojo itself.
- From the “Favorite toons” or “All toons” tabs, right-click the character and press “Launch”.
Launching from System Tray
- When Mojo is loaded, there is a blank icon in the system tray, right-click the icon to see the Mojo menu, you can Launch toons flagged as favorite from this menu.