WAR: 1.4.8 on PTS
Mythic have released Game Update 1.4.8 onto the Public Test Server (PTS) and will be testing changes from the 21st to the 28th of November.
All the new 1.4.8 goodness is now available for testing on the Public Test Server (PTS). We will have PTS open from the 21st to the 28th. There are a few things we would like you to specifically poke at while testing, and since these will take you through various tiers, we’re asking you do Character Transfers to bring over some characters of various levels for you to play around with.
1) Currency Conversion: There are War Crest Vault Keepers located in the T1 Warcamps in EvC, as well as in the Capital Cities near the renown gear vendors. Is the conversion process clear? Did you run into any errors with your conversions?
2) The Supplier Quartermasters in all T1-T3 Warcamps will have a quest for you. This quest should only appear for you if you are an appropriate level for the tier. When you accept the quest, you should receive gear, you should see a message display, and the quest should auto-complete. The Quartermaster should also have that same gear available for purchase in his store.
3) Renown Vendors have had their contents shuffled a bit to both make things a little easier to find, and bring them in line with the new currency.
4) And most importantly of all: Fight and claim War Crests!! Check to make sure the special multi-packs of crests aren’t dropping too frequently; that the stacking 25% per tier chance for a second crest to drop functions as you would expect; and that at least one always does drop when a player is killed in a contested zone.
Remember, transfer over a few characters so you have a few Tiers represented. This will make the testing go faster and be more enjoyable. You will still be able to create a template RR100 character, but you will not be able to create a fresh level 1 character, so make sure you create a fresh level 1 character on live to transfer over as well!
Our goal is to push this live by the end of next week, so this is the last chance for stress testing, and hammering at those drop rates to make sure they all feel right. If you come across any issues, post to the forums or PM me to let me know. This is a substantial change to how the economy flows, and I want to make sure it really feels good for you all.
To connect to the PTS open up warpatch.exe from the Warhammer Online folder, the patch for me was around 160mb. Make sure you head over to the account center and character copy some of your characters over to test with.
Two conversion Vault Keepers are in the capital cities and the Tier 1 warcamps. The current conversion method is the following:
- Buy a War Crests bag for old currency.
- Manually convert (ctrl & right-click) the bags to convert them into war crests.
This method isn’t ideal and involves a hell of a lot of clicking. I had spoken to him about different ways that I would do it.
My first suggestion was to cut out the conversions by selling x crests direct for x of the old currency, but it isn’t possible to sell multiple items with the current code which is why you buy a bag of them.
The other was to cut out the merchants by changing the convert values for the original currency themselves, but I don’t believe this isn’t possible since the convert is for a single item.
Keaven had this to say about it:
Thanks everyone for the first impressions🙂
I am also not very happy with the way the conversions happen, for the same reasons mentioned here: lots and lots of clicking. As I was driving home tonight I thought of a few ways I may be able to address that and make it easier – But i’m out of the office for the US Thanksgiving Holiday. I’ll be back in the office on Monday.
I made sure to email myself at work so I wouldn’t forget to investigate some things first thing Monday morning
The quartermasters in Tiers 1-3 have a quest available which offers you a full set of basic gear for the area. I’m not sure about the level restrictions for these as my level 14 did not receive a quest in Tier 1.
The quest text.
Some of the pocket items on sale, the interesting one is the item which when equipped stops experience gained from killing monsters and players, this is available for 1000 War Crests. The other interesting one is the item which doubles renown gained for killing players.
It’s great that these items are being introduced, and I didn’t see it coming. People have been asking for experience to be turned off ever since you could earn double your level in renown. Also the item which doubles renown for killing players is great, and I hope it will encourage more open world fights.
Standard RvR lake quests have been updated to offer the new currency, as well as the loot bags that you receive. I would like this updated to include all the RvR lake quests as there are some which only reward experience and coin and we want to encourage people to be in the lakes as much as possible.
Tier 1 Quartermaster items.
The only surviving renown gear merchant in tier 1, sells a re-ordered list of all the items. She looks lonely.