I’m notorious for not finishing projects and my game project (codename Etopia) is no different. I’ve been working on some tech demos recently to try and figure out how I want to proceed with the project.
The outlines I have for this game could be described as an Isometric Fantasy Dynasty Simulator, however I would rather it be full 3D although I just don’t have the knowledge for that at the moment.
I spent some time learning Unity but it is overkill for now and I would rather get a prototype out and this is the simplest way.
I’ve settled on a roadmap to at least get something workable out there to see if I want to continue.
- (Engine) Generate Isometric Grid.
- (Engine) Spawn Player Character Sprite.
- (Engine) Move Player Character Sprite.
- (Engine) Display Player Character to other Players.
- (GUI) Display Character Info.
- (GUI) Display Actions a Character can take.
- (GUI) Display current resources.
- (Engine) Harvest Resources
- (Engine) Build Structure