Weekly Summary – 1
This week has been quite a busy one and certainly hasn’t helped my dissertation writing, notable things this week have been:
- Release of Mass Effect 3
- Return to Warhammer Online
- Return to Blogging
Release of Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3 was released at midnight Tuesday in Hong Kong (and Friday in the UK), I decided to buy the game on the Monday, connected via proxy to Hong Kong to activate and then jumped straight into the game.
I won’t review the game, as I won’t do it justice, but I will say I played long hours and finished it by Thursday, I really enjoyed the game and am currently on my second play-through, which is going for completion and multiplayer (which is also good).
Return to Warhammer Online
This week also saw me attempting to return to Warhammer Online through the free 14 days, the major hurdle is the age of the server I am transferring to, and the fact that I have had previous accounts on the server.
Due to this my mains and alts cannot be moved onto the server without renaming the character, which I’m not interested in doing. The only character that I can play at the moment is my White Lion rank 12, not a character I’ve played much in PvP before, so I am becoming more used to it (melee dps most likely isn’t my thing).
Sadly this means I haven’t been able to look at any of the new content, being stuck in Tier 1, but the consolidated servers really have been a boon to the population and there is also large scale fights in T1 which is great.
Last month in the producers letter Mythic stated they were looking into it, but I don’t think this will get done anytime soon, so at the end of these 14 days I probably won’t re-sub, instead waiting until I can move my mains back.
Return to Blogging
This week saw my return to regular blogging, in the past it was sporadic topical posts with some personal rants. This time I am working towards a more informative article style.
- STO – March Questions(Sat, 3rd March)
- Some of the recent STO developer feedback to the community
- WAR – The Bugfixes(Sun, 4th March)
- A look at the upcoming major bugfixes patch for WAR
- SW:TOR Community Q&A – Week 1 March 2012(Mon, 5th March)
- A summary of the SWTOR community feedback
- Keeping Up To Date with Numerous Games(Tues, 6th March)
- Explaining my new attempt at keeping track of game news
- SWTOR – Guild Summit Notes(Weds, 7th March)
- My comments on the SWTOR PvP announcements at the Guild Summit
- DAoC / WAR Timecode Drama(Thurs, 8th March)
- Highlighted some stolen timecodes
- New Warhammer Online Website(Fri, 9th March)
- Brief impressions of the new WAR website
- LOTRO – Skirmish Soldier & Instance Finder(Sat, 10th March)
- Brief commentary on two MMO features
- DAoC – Returning Players(Sun, 11th March)
- Highlighted a good post with information for returning players
I would love some feedback or tips from experienced bloggers or readers regarding my choice of topics, and the content of my posts.
Until next week,