Wrath of Heroes – Patch Notes – v0 10 0
New patch notes have been released for this weekends Wrath of Heroes test
- New Hero – Durrig the Engineer has been added
- Take Score – The scoreboard has changed
- Change Tactics – A preview of tactics have been enabled
- Skin Up – Apply a second skin to your hero
v0 10 0 Patch Notes: 10/20/2011
Current Beta Test Times and Known Issues
- Thursday 10/20/2011 4-8pm ET / 8pm-12am GMT
- Friday 10/21/2011 10am-10pm ET / 2pm-2am GMT
- Saturday 10/22/2011 12-6pm ET / 4-10pm GMT
- Graphics: Occasionally VFX will stick on characters during game play. Projectiles sometimes appear to move slowly. Sometimes the cursor will remain onscreen when using RMB to look around.
- Audio: Ikkrik’s ability VO is not enabled.
- UI: The number that appears in the “matches fought” game highlight is your total game wins and not your total number of matches fought.
- Tactics: Saving your tactic load-out will not persist across game sessions. (see tactics highlight for more information)
Highlights for week of 10/20/2011
- A Dwarf Engineer who uses physical area-damage attacks from a distance.
- Deploys a Bombardment Turret which attacks the same targets that Durrig does.
- Very effective against enemies who clump together and try to huddle for protection.
Patch Changes for Week of 10/20/2011
- Bax (Black Orc)
- Felicia (Bright Wizard)
- Glowgob (Shaman)
- Ikkrik (Gutter Runner)
- Ilanya (Sorceress)
- Kaelin (Dryad)
- Korelei (Witch Elf)
- Korith (Shadow Warrior)
- Nethys (Vampire)
- Thagison (Slayer)
- Volrik (Marauder)
- Amenadresh (Liche Priest).
- As a general change, Heroes cannot be knocked back while rooted in place.
- Clobberin’: Increased damage bonus per stack.
- Impending Doom: The tooltip for this ability now correctly displays as Offensive.
- Word of Pain: Now deals damage over time in additional to its damage when the effect ends.
- A Change of Seasons: Now also absorbs damage when used.
- Bloodlust: Corrected the brief description for this ability.
- Witchbrew: No longer increases dodge chance, and now reduces damage taken instead. Now increases damage done by a greater amount.
- Seduction: Increased the amount of healing gained per target.
- Enraged Assault: No longer builds stacks of Rage.
- Exhausting Strike: Renamed to Pulverizing Strike. Now deals physical dmg immediately, and additional physical dmg every 1s for 4s.
- For Redemption!: This ability has been redesigned, and now causes your next 2 attacks to critically hit.
- Grievous Harm: No longer Roots the target. Now deals physical dmg. Reduced the effectiveness of the damage vulnerability, and increased its duration.
- Rage: This is now a permanent passive effect, and no longer increases movement speed.
- Slash: No longer builds stacks of Rage.
- Flames of Fate: Range reduced to 50 feet. Cooldown is now 20s. Duration is now 7s.
- Instability: This passive aura effect has been removed.
- Terrible Embrace: The pull effect of this ability is now classified as a Knockback. Range reduced to 50 feet. Fixed a bug which prevented this ability from being Disrupted. Cooldown is now 30s, and this ability now also deals magical damage.
- Unstable Blast: Range reduced to 50 feet. Cooldown is now 10s. No longer interacts with Instability, and no longer deals damage.
- The Arena has been updated visually. The vines and other items that litter the arena floor have been moved and iterated to provide a better and more strategic play experience.
- Power-ups in the Arena have been changed so they now represent their benefit visually.
- To assist in Beta testing, experience rewards for all Scenarios have been drastically increased. Please note that these experience rates are strictly for Beta, and are not representative of actual progression times post-launch.
- We’ve made a number of back-end changes to our match-making procedures to optimize how players are matched against each other. These changes will not be readily apparent until players have participated in a number of matches to establish their player rankings.
- The methodology for ‘Tab’ targeting to choose its target has been refined. Hitting ‘Tab’ will now iterate over a precalculated list, switching between targets based on range and visibility. This list will recalculate if more than 1.5 seconds passes between ‘Tab’ presses. When the list is reset, tab/shift-tab will go back to targeting nearest or furthest target.
- The stand-up animation no longer occurs when respawning. This fixes an issue where a player would appear to ‘stand-up’ when they respawn and this animation would drag on too long.
- All Heroes have been changed to remain in their ‘combat’ animation state at all times. Heroes will no longer ‘idle’ or appear to be doing nothing. This will not affect when the system considers a Hero ‘out of combat’, only how the Hero animations respond.
- The /friend [name] command will now always acts only as a way to add a friend. A command to /unfriend [name] has been added to remove friends from your list.
- Removed /say, /shout, and all chat commands other than /lobby /l, /warband /w /wb, /scenario /s, /tell and /t from the game.
- Fixed bug where sometimes cursor didn’t disappear when you right-click drag.
- Made a number of changes to the objective system to ensure that flag and capture states are represented properly.
- Introduced a new mechanism to display visual effects based on the state of an objective. This can be seen currently on the artifact in Mourkain Temple.
- The artifact in Mourkain Temple will now show a ‘cannot capture’ graphic to a player if their team does not meet the requirement (owning a flag) to capture the artifact.
- The objectives capture bar no longer displays incorrect progress arrows going the wrong direction. This fixes an issue where it would occasionally show ‘ghost’ arrows going the wrong way, but did not affect the capture itself.
- The scoreboard in game has been updated visually. It now includes additional information on each player and includes a section that calls out your individual contributions as well as your best scores in each category.
- The ‘last game stats’ section of the lobby has been updated. It now includes all the information presented in game as well as a section that calls out individual accomplishments during the match. These game highlights will spotlight behavior and will be expanding in future Beta builds. As well, any experience gain and progression is highlighted on this screen.
- Assists have been replaced with ‘support’ in tracked stats. ‘Support’ is a measurement of the characters contribution to a kill from non damage or non healing sources. This includes abilities that affect a battle like crowd control, buffs, and debuffs. This statistic is being refined and data from the Beta will help us track and display this information as accurately as possible.
- We’ve added a ‘your best moments’ section to the profile page. This will show a player’s best score for each statistic, based on a single Hero life. Each high score will list which Hero accomplished that feat as part of the reporting.
- Tactics have been enabled in the profile page.
- Tactics can be earned by gaining levels from experience.
- Tactics can be slotted to any available loadout. Once any changes have been made, make sure to use the ‘Apply’ button.
- Tactic loadouts can be changed during a match by choosing the loadout on the Hero select screen.
- An additional alternate skin has been enabled for every Hero.
- To change skins, go the Heroes page and choose the Hero you want to outfit. Choose the skin you wish to use and then click the ‘save’ button.
- Ability alert text has been moved to appear above the hotbar. This brings it closer to the abilities so the appropriate message is more immediate and visible.
- Ability buttons on the hotbar will now indicate if the ability is ‘in range’ and can be used. A pulsing white border around an ability indicates that it can be used and, if applicable, the target is in range. A pulsing yellow border indicates that the ability’s target is almost in range, but not quite close enough. If an ability cannot be used at all there will be no pulsing border of any sort.
- Modified the frequency and requirements for the ‘try another Hero’ suggestion portion of the death screen.
- The mini-map has been moved closer to the top right of the screen.
- We’ve introduced a new notification system that will enable pop-up messages in the lobby when specific events occur. These notifications will appear and disappear on their own, serving as temporary prompts that an action occurred. This is currently being used for Warband notifications.
- Modified the chat fonts to be more readable.
- Friend status has been modified and cleaned up to accurately give you information about the status of your friends at any given time.
- Changed the timer on the loading screen text when queued to give more variety.
- Toggle Walk has been removed from the keybinding options.
- Fixed a bug that would set your status to ‘Ready’ in a warband when you return to the lobby after a scenario ends. You will now appear as ‘Not Ready’ properly.
- Fixed a bug in XP calculations in lobby profile tab.
- Hero renders have been updated for all Hero profiles and skins.
- Made a number of behind-the-scenes tweaks to audio and sound effects to ensure the proper mix and balance.
- Added new SFX and voice-overs to a number of new and existing Heroes.
- Added sound effects for flags, banners, and the artifact.
- Added ambience and environment settings to the Arena.
- A sound effect for jumping has been added to all Heroes.
- Sound effects for a number of the abilities have been tweaked.
- Arena now longer incorrectly states ‘Welcome to Mourkain Temple’ when you enter.